All about us...

When you are registering with us, you are registering with a private High School, governed by the California Board of Education and NOT a driving school. So, when you take the online driver education course with us, you will receive a Certificate of Completion of Classroom Driver Education from us. This certificate, form DL387, is honored by the California Department of Motor Vehicles.

In order for you to take the written test at the DMV, you will need this certificate (DL387) or OL237, which is issued by a driving school.

The course name is Driver’s Ed - on the Net® . This course, which is approved by the California DMV is owned and maintained by Metro Educational Systems, LLC.

How to apply for a provisional permit if you are under 18

To apply for a provisional permit, you will need the following:
♦ Be at least 15 ½, but under 18 years of age
♦ Visit a DMV office (make an Appointment(s) for faster service)
♦ Complete the application form DL 44 (An original DL 44 form must be submitted. Copies obtained by xeroxing, faxing, or other methods will not be accepted.)
♦ Have your parents’ or guardians’ signatures on the application form DL 44
♦ Give a thumb print
♦ Have your picture taken
♦ Provide your social security number. It will be verified with the Social Security Administration while you are in the office.
♦ Verify your birth date and legal presence
♦ "Provide your true full name if your name no longer matches the name on your birth date legal presence document."
♦ Submit the proper form(s) for driver education and/or driver training classes (See below for details.)
♦ Pay the application fee (This fee entitles you to three exams of any type within the 12-month period and pays for both the instruction permit and the driver license. If all requirements are not met within the 12-month period, the application becomes void and all steps must be completed again.)
♦ Pass a vision exam
♦ Pass a traffic laws and sign test.
There are 46 questions on the test. A passing score is at least 39 correct answers. You have three chances to pass the test. If you fail, you must wait 7 days before taking it again. Note: To allow you sufficient time for testing DMV will not be administering written or audio exams after 4:30 p.m.

Driver Education and Driver Training Form Requirements

If you are 15 ½ to 17 ½ years of age, you will need to provide proof that you:
♦ Completed driver education (Form DL 387 or OL 237) and are taking driver training (DL 392 or OL 392) OR
♦ Completed driver education and driver training (DL 387, DL 388, DL 388A, OL 237, or OL 238). OR
♦ Are enrolled and participating in an approved integrated driver education/driver training program (DL 400). NOTE:If your driver education and driver training were taken in a state other than California, DMV will accept either a
To Secondary Schools Other Than California Schools form (DL 33) form completed by the out-of state secondary school. Obtain a DL 33 form from your local DMV office or by calling DMV at 1단닑񭹕. Send the DL 33 form to your out-of-state secondary school to complete.
♦ letter from your out-of state secondary school on the out-of-state secondary school’s stationery signed by a school official stating that the courses you have taken are equivalent to a California secondary school course described in Section 10020 of Title 5 of the California Code of Regulations.
An out-of-state driving instructional permit is not acceptable proof of driver education and driver training. If you are over 17 ½ but under 18 years of age, you may get your permit without the driver education and driver training certificates however, you will not be able to take the driving test until you turn 18. Once you pass your written test, you will be issued a provisional permit. A parent, guardian, spouse or adult 25 years of age or older, who has a valid California driver license, must be with you when you drive. He or she must sit in a position close enough to take control of the vehicle, if necessary. It is illegal for you to drive alone at any time. Before being eligible to take your driving test you must:
♦ Be 16 years old AND
♦ Have held your permit for a minimum of six months AND
♦ Have completed driver education AND
♦ Have completed 6 hours of professional driver training AND
♦ Have completed 50 hours of practice with an adult 25 years or older. The adult must have a valid California driver license and certify to the 50 hours of practice. At least 10 of the 50 hours must have been done at night. To take your driving test, you will need to:
♦ Make a driving test Appointment(s) . (Driving tests are not given without an appointment.) You may also call 1단닑񭹕 between the hours of 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday-Friday, to make a driving test appointment.
♦ Provide proof of financial responsibility

After you pass your driving test you will be issued an interim license valid for 60 days until you receive your new photo license in the mail. Check your address before you leave DMV and tell the DMV representative if you have moved or if your address is incorrect. If you have not received your license after 60 days, call 1단닑񭹕 to check on the status. Have your interim license with you to provide information when requested.

If you fail your driving test, you must wait two weeks before you can take the test again. You have three chances to pass.

If driver education and driver training were taken in a state other than California, DMV will accept either a To Secondary Schools Other Than California Schools form DL 33 completed by the out-of state school, or a letter on the out-of state school’s stationery signed by a school official stating that the courses are equivalent to California’s requirements. Instructional permits issued by another state are not acceptable proof.

Copyright 2008 ©